The Midwest Chapter of WEDA represents Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Ontario, Canada.
Wednesday March 8th
Friday March 10th, 2017
Add to Outlook Calendar
Embassy Suites in Omaha, NE
555 S 10th Street
Omaha, ME 68102
The 2017 WEDA Midwest Chapter meeting will be held March 8-10, 2017 in Omaha, NE at the Embassy Suites in Downtown Omaha.
Abstracts: For a successful conference, individuals and firms are invited to make presentations in the following areas:
- Sediment Investigation
- Environmental Dredging
- Navigational Dredging
- Coast/Shoreline protection and restoration
- Sediment management and re-use
- Other topics may be considered
Please send abstracts to Aaron Wright at email@example.com.
The general schedule will be:
- Wednesday March 8: Ice Breaker Reception at hotel at 6:00 PM
- Thursday March 9: Presentations in morning, lunch & tour in the afternoon
- Friday March 10: Presentations in morning. Conference ends at noon
Embassy Suites is located downtown in the heart of Omaha's Old Market District and offers a host of restaurants and attractions that are within walking distance. The hotel is approximately 4 miles from Eppley Airfield (OMA), making it easily accessible by car, taxi or Uber.
Registration: $150 WEDA Members | $200 non-members | $600 sponsorship
Sponsorships for the 2017 Midwest Meeting are $600 and include the following benefits:
- One (1) registration for the meeting
- Your company logo on this webpage, all meeting literature and signage at the meeting.
- Opportunity to distribute literature or other items at our registration desk (note this benefit is now available only to meeting sponsors).
If you and your firm are interested in sponsoring the meeting, click HERE to sponsor online or contact Steve Garbaciak at Steve.Garbaciak@foth.com.
For Non-Government reservations at the WEDA group rate of $144 per night, CLICK HERE.
For Government Employees, please CLICK HERE for the WEDA - Government block rate of $107 per night.
The hotel reservation deadline is February 8th.
See you in Omaha!
J.F. Brennan Company
Previous Midwest Chapter Meeting
Thank you for attending another successful Midwest Chapter Meeting in Davenport, IA. With over 106 participants it was our largest meeting yet, thanks in no small part to the great participation from our Corps of Engineers colleagues. We are looking forward to bigger and better things in 2017. To view the presentations from the conference, click on the link below or access here.
Midwest Chapter Presentations Download Library