Upcoming WEDA Meetings
|Dredging Summit & Expo||Houston, TX||June 22-25, 2015|
|Pacific Chapter Meeting||San Rafael, CA||Nov. 4-6, 2015|
|WODCON XXI||Miami, FL||June 13-17, 2016|
Upcoming Partner Meetings
|2015 Safety Award Nominations are due by May 15th||Safety Award Page|
|2015 Midwest chapter Presentations are available||View Presentations|
|2015 Pacific Chapter Meeting is Nov. 4-6, 2015 in San Rafael, CA||More Detials|
|2015 Safety Week is May 3 -9, 2015||More Detials|
|CIP Associate Members E-Bulletin March 2015||Read Bulletin|
|Accepting nominations for the 2015 Environmental Excellence Awards||Process & Criteria|
|Renew your 2015 WEDA Membership|
|WEDA Journal Volume 14, Issue 2 - (Dec. 2014)||Read Journal|
|Michael Gerhardt introduces Ricardo Hernandez as President of Mexico Chapter||Read Article|
In the News
|CEDA Paper - Adaptive Environmental Management into Dredging Projects||Press Release|
|SEDI-OAS NEWS - 1st Hemispheric Seminar on Port Legislation||Read Article|
|IADC Publication: Dredging in Figures||Read Article|
|Ellicott President Named Baltimore CEO of the Year - 11/2014||Read Article|
|Toronto WEDA Meeting Explores Important Technical Subjects - 08/2014||Read Article|
What is WEDA?
WEDA is a member of The World Organization of Dredging Associations (WODA). The Western Dredging Association (WEDA) region covers North, Central and South America. The Central Dredging Association (CEDA) covers most of Europe, Africa, and the Mid and Near East. The Eastern Dredging Association (EADA) covers the Far East and Pacific region. The three organizations constitute the World Organization of Dredging Association (WODA) with equal representation on the WODA Board of Directors. The goals and objectives are common for each of the three organizations, however operations to attain these are independently carried out.
Goals and Objectives
- To promote the exchange of knowledge in fields related to dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction by sponsoring or co-sponsoring national and international technical conferences, seminars, and symposiums, including publication and dissemination of the proceedings.
- To provide a forum for improvement of communications, technology transfer, and cooperation among associations, societies, and all organizations interested in dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction.
- To emphasize the importance of understanding and development of solutions for problems related to the protection and enhancement of the marine environment.
- To support educational institutions for students interested in pursuing dredging and marine engineering as a career.
- To promote membership in and furtherance of the Western Dredging Association through establishment and support of Chapters.
- To recognize individuals and organizations for outstanding engineering and operational achievement.
WEDA's Sustaining Members
Sustaining Memberships create an equitable bond between a sponsoring entity and WEDA. Since WEDA is non-profit, outside sources of raising funds are a necessity to ensure the longevity and quality of the WEDA organization. In addition, Sustaining Members are recognized on our website and at our events, and can also work with WEDA's Executive Director for additional marketing opportunities.