Upcoming WEDA Meetings
|2017 Midwest Chapter Meeting||Omaha, NE||March 8-10, 2017|
|Dredging Summit & Expo 17||Vancouver, BC||June 26-29, 2017|
Recent Meetings & News
|Submit Applications for the 2017 Environmental Excellence Awards||Read Criteria|
|WEDA's Environmental Comm. Chair wins DPC's 1st Innovations Award in Dredging||Read Article|
|2016 Gulf Coast Chapter Meeting in Galveston, TX||Presentations||Photos|
|2016 Eastern Chapter Meeting in Ft. Lauderdale||Presentations|
|2016 Pacific Chapter Meeting in San Diego||Presentations|
|2016 Central America Chapter in Panama City. Panama||Presentations|
|Renew your WEDA Membership for 2017|
|Call for Papers for Dredging Summit & Expo '17||View Call for Papers||Abstracts|
|WEDA launches new dedicated website for Dredging Summit & Expo '17||View website|
|Install the "Western Dredging Association" Mobile App on your smart phone||IOS||Android|
What is WEDA?
WEDA is a member of The World Organization of Dredging Associations (WODA). The Western Dredging Association (WEDA) region covers North, Central and South America. The Central Dredging Association (CEDA) covers most of Europe, Africa, and the Mid and Near East. The Eastern Dredging Association (EADA) covers the Far East and Pacific region. The three organizations constitute the World Organization of Dredging Association (WODA) with equal representation on the WODA Board of Directors. The goals and objectives are common for each of the three organizations, however operations to attain these are independently carried out.
Goals and Objectives
- To promote the exchange of knowledge in fields related to dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction by sponsoring or co-sponsoring national and international technical conferences, seminars, and symposiums, including publication and dissemination of the proceedings.
- To provide a forum for improvement of communications, technology transfer, and cooperation among associations, societies, and all organizations interested in dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction.
- To emphasize the importance of understanding and development of solutions for problems related to the protection and enhancement of the marine environment.
- To support educational institutions for students interested in pursuing dredging and marine engineering as a career.
- To promote membership in and furtherance of the Western Dredging Association through establishment and support of Chapters.
- To recognize individuals and organizations for outstanding engineering and operational achievement.
WEDA's Sustaining Members
WEDA is a non-profit organization, and relies on its sustaining members to provide the funding to continue, support and strengthen its mission. The funding provided by the sustaining members ensures WEDA has the financial stability to work on its strategic initiatives and provides the backbone for WEDA’s success. In return and as appreciation for their support, Sustaining Members are recognized on the WEDA website and at WEDA events, receive early access to and first choice in exhibit hall booth selections, and get special marketing opportunities directly through WEDA's Executive Director. A Sustaining Membership in WEDA is the perfect way to showcase your company’s commitment to the US Dredging Industry!